Posted: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 10:00:34 +0000
Hosts Aaron and Jonathan interview Tony and Mary Kidd.
.22s rimfire guns have seen a surge in popularity over the last 4 years as ammo prices have soured and Project Appleseed grows – especially the .22 rimfire
As Aaron and Jonathan became obsessed with the .22 they stumbled upon a manufacturer outside of San Antonio, Texas making them
The Kidds discuss who they are, how Kidd Innovative Design came into existence, and all kinds of interesting tidbits about the .22 and gunsmithing.
- How, What, When, and Why of Kidd Innovation Designs
- Explanation of two stage triggers.
- How triggers effect a shooter’s trigger control.
- Tony Kidd dispels the myth that dry firing modern guns hurts the firing pin.
- Importance of dry firing for improving a shooter’s accuracy.
- The accuracy potential of the .22 caliber cartridge.
- Factors that play into gun accuracy.
- What makes a truly consistent ammunition.
- Tony Kidd’s picks on most accurate .22 ammunition.
- What effect barrel length and bull barrels have on the .22 caliber cartridge.
- Best way to learn more about gunsmithing.
- Advice for those aspiring to be professional gunsmiths.
- Gunsmith License
- What the future holds for Kidd Innovative Designs
- Will Tony every build a FN 5.7×28mm?