New to upgrading your .22LR?
How are we doing?
*Upgrades for 10/22®
Shirts & Hats
Tactical C-More Saver
trigger job kit
KIDD "Trigger Job" Kit with Hammer, Sear, Disconnect, and Trigger blade
Write a Review
For a limited time: Buy 2 or more and receive a $15.00 discount off of both up to a purchase quantity of 6.
Trigger Blade Color
Auto Bolt Release
Yes, Please [+10.95]
Ruger Interchangable Magazine Release
weight tuning springs
tuning springs [+7.50]
magazine latch plunger
magazine latch plunger [+7.50]
Email a friend
Upgrade your trigger mechanism in your 10/22®
Complete with Hammer, Sear, Disconnect, and Trigger Blade
No Filing or Stoning!
From a cumbersome trigger break to a clean one in 20 minutes
Upgrade your polymer factory
break with our
"trigger job" kit
. This kit will replace your wighty factory trigger break with a clean crisp break. This kit replaces your internal hammer, sear, disconnect, and trigger blade with precision aftermarket parts. KIDD has taken some of the work out of this installation by creating two sub-assemblies. The first sub-assembly is the mated hammer bushings and fitting a hammer pin. The second is the sear, disconnect, and trigger blade. We have fine-tuned these sub-assemblies to both assist the customer with installation and assure proper settings.
When using our kit you must not mix and match our pieces with other aftermarket or OEM hammers, sears, disconnects, or trigger blades in order to achieve the ultimate potential of this kit. This entire kit will drop into your factory polymer/plastic trigger guard well within 20 minutes from start to finish and the normal trigger breaking weight achieved is just under 2 pounds. Originally, we developed this trigger kit with the idea that customers would only want to reduce and refine the factory trigger break. But after a while, we found that we were not meeting our customer's needs that preferred a heavier but still clean breaking trigger in their factory polymer guards. So we developed a KIDD Pull Weight Tuning Spring Kit which can be purchased in addition to this Trigger Job Kit to adjust the pull weight.
1. After removing the trigger assembly from the receiver.
2. Click safety off to fire. With your hand closely over hammer, de-cock the hammer. Pull hammer forward to remove hammer strut spring assembly.
3. Remove upper ejector and bolt hold open pin to release bolt hold open spring and ejector. Slightly push magazine latch pin enough to release bolt hold open. (Magazine latch pin may easily fall out.) After removing bolt hold open, slide pin back to keep the magazine latch secured. Push hammer pin out to remove hammer and spring.
4. Place trigger guard upside down on a flat surface. Hold back trigger blade as you slide out trigger pin with the other hand. (Holding trigger blade back keeps plunger spring from flying out.) Flip trigger guard back over. Trigger should only have safety, magazine latch and magazine latch plunger intact.
1. While holding trigger blade plunger in place, drop the trigger unit sub-assembly in guard with trigger blade on the bottom. Align the trigger pivot hole with the slay pin. (Slay pin is the small pin within the sub-assembly.) Using the smaller dowel pin provided, slide into trigger pivot hole while using this pin to removing slave pin. (Slave pin should also easily slide out.)
2. To install hammer, place spring over bushing on right side of hammer with crooked end of spring on top and slide into guard with the groove facing down. Slide in larger dowel pin provided to secure hammer in place.
3. Slightly slide out magazine latch pin to replace bolt hold open. Slide spring over so that the crooked end lands on top of bolt hold open. Pull hammer forward to drop in hammer spring with the retainer end going into hole in rear end of trigger guard (slit facing up). Cock hammer into place. Engage safety.
4. Push down straight end of spring to slide in dowel pin while also putting ejector back into place. Trigger is ready to be installed back into receiver.
5. To check that the "trigger job" kit is functioning properly. Disengage safety, again place your hand closely over the hammer and fire the trigger. Push the hammer back into the trigger guard and do this again. No make sure that the safety is functioning properly by engaging the safety and attempting fire the trigger. If the safety is working properly the trigger will not fire while the safety is engaged. If the safety is not working properly please contact KIDD and we will assist with this adjustment.
hammer with fitted bushings and mated pin
sear, disconnect, trigger blade in a sub-assembly
slave pin for easy sub-assembly installation
View All Reviews
This doesn't even feel like the same weapon anymore.
Where do I begin? Precision made, beautiful fit, flawless operation, just an absolutely perfect example of well thought out engineering. To say that it's an improvement to the OEM fire control group is like comparing a hot air balloon to a state of the art fighter jet. I've done a number of rifle mods over the years but this was almost too easy. It assembled easily, fit in perfectly (as expected), and functioned much better than the factory original. If I sound like I'm babbling it's because my rifle doesn't even feel like the same weapon anymore. Trigger pull is crisp, light and consistent. Get one, you won't be disappointed at all!
IN STAINLESS ??? Maybe . . . YES ! ! !
The copy for this item talks only of installation into the polymer factory trigger guard assembly. But I didn't want to give up my beautiful high polished stainless trigger guard! Called KIDD and was told that the specs on metal receivers vary enough that the trigger kit won't work in all of them. Estimated to work about 70% of the time. WooHoo! It works in mine and now I have a crisp trigger a bit under two pounds with not a bit of take-up. Thank You KIDD!
This is one of the best triggers I have ever installed in a 10/22. It was a breeze to install and with the light spring kit it is almost scary when it goes it, you just just breath on the trigger. Like with all Kidd products, nothing but the best!!
from grand rapids, michigan.
Holy glass rods breaking batman!!
Tony Kidd has done it again. This trigger is a work off art and does what it claims. Attention to detail is obvious. So clean, crisp and breaks with surgical precision. The hammer pin could be a little longer to fit flush on both sides of the trigger housing but the fit is perfect as far as slop goes. Classic case of you get what you pay for. You simply can not get a better drop in trigger for any amount of money. I bought two and would by more if I had more 10/22 rifles for them to live in. Thank you Tony for making this available, I now am so angry I wasted over 20 years shooting with such OEM junk not knowing how it should be. Looking toward many years of pure enjoyment of shooting with your trigger kits.
from New York.
Easy to install feels great!
I don't consider myself very mechanical but this install was a breeze. I watched the video a couple of times and went to it, took about 20 minutes. Trigger is crisp and I cannot wait to get it on the range. I did have to adjust the sear so make sure you have the Allen Wrench handy. The sear allowed the trigger to move just enough when the safety was engaged that it allowed the rifle to fire when the safety was released. After a couple of turns of the wrench it settled down and worked perfectly.
Essential upgrade !
I just installed the Kidd "trigger job" on my 10/22 sporter. Night and day difference in the trigger which is now light, crisp and has no over travel. Online tutorial made the installation easy. All the reviews on this are correct and this upgrade is well worth the cost. Thank you T.Kidd and Company.
from W Seneca.
I was in two minds about ordering this product, as in the UK there is but one distributor and the cost equates to over $210 dollars! However, after reading the reviews I took a gamble and have been delighted. It honestly feels like a different gun. Nice light trigger and very crisp. Haven't been able to get down the range yet, but cannot resist dry firing. Well worth the exorbitant price.
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!
Ordered this kit for my 10/22 with ATI 6 position and sidefolder stock. As usual the factory trigger was the stink. Did the install and off to the range. WHAT A SWEET TRIGGER!! Smooth as glass, no creep, no stacking. Just make contact with the trigger, give it a very gentle bit of pressure, and pow, shot fired. I shot it from a rest by just pulling the trigger against the weight of the gun. What a great trigger. Buy it, shoot it, repeat. Thanks to all of the folks at Kidd!!!!!!
I received this kit as a Christmas gift 2013. I replaced a brand "V" with this kit. I also replaced the bolt with Tony's Bolt. My group size went from .400" ten shot group to .250" ten shot group at 25 meters. I am thrilled with Kidd components. I only wish I could post yhe photographic proof. Of you are trying to decide on brand, save yourself time , money and trouble. Buy Kidd, you'll be glad you did. Keith
from Buford Ga..
Exceeded all expectations
Outstanding! Fast shipping, great support. Exceeded all expectations for quality,fix, and function. DRASTIC improvement over stock trigger. Can not recommend trigger & Kidd shipping support more... Fantastic!!!!
KIDD Pull Weight Tuning Spring Kit
Your Price: 7.50
KIDD Magazine Latch Plunger Stainless Steel
Your Price: 7.50
KIDD Magazine Release Levers-Interchangeable System
Your Price: 34.95
KIDD Two Stage Trigger Unit for the .22
Your Price: 289.95
KIDD Single Stage Trigger Unit Drop-In
Your Price: 235.00
On sale: 199.95
Polymer Trigger with included KIDD Internal Upgrades
Your Price: 175.00
Browse Similar Items
*Upgrades for 10/22®
KIDD .22LR Bolt Buffer
KIDD Bolt Handle Charging Assembly With Guide Rod & Springs
KIDD Receiver Pins
Terms & Conditions
Articles about KIDD
are Registered Trademarks of Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc.
KIDD Innovative Design
Phone Number: 830-557-KIDD(5433)
Fax Number: 830-557-4487